While it cannot be said that cosmetic surgery of any kind will change your life, there is a positive impact that comes from modifying your body shape. Women who undergo breast enhancement surgery often report feeling better about their physique and generally more confident with their appearance.
The shape, size, and position of the breasts all play into a woman’s sense of self. After weight loss or pregnancy and breastfeeding, the breasts can change dramatically, causing feelings of frustration and even self-consciousness. Remembrance of younger, perkier breasts may only make matters worse. If you would like to revive your appearance, consider what a breast lift can do for your shape.
Getting the Facts
Information is your best friend when it comes to plastic surgery. Facts that you need to know about breast lift surgery, or mastopexy, include:
- The purpose of the breast lift is to reposition the breasts higher on the chest, not to enhance the size or shape of the breasts.
- Breast lift surgery may or may not involve augmentation with breast implants. If a change in cup size is desired, implants will be discussed.
- The upper part of the breast is not rounded out by a breast lift.
- During the procedure, the nipples and areolae may be repositioned to create a harmonious appearance.
- Swelling will gradually decrease in the weeks after surgery, but normal activities can be resumed within a few days.
- Although there are different incision techniques that may be used, there will be a scar from breast lift surgery. Typically, scars diminish over time, and are outweighed by the benefits of enhancement. Scarring occurs whether or not breast implants are incorporated into the surgery.
What a Breast Lift can do
- Improve the overall shape of the breasts in proportion with the body by adding symmetry.
- Enhance the overall appearance of the breasts by lifting tissue. This may also make the breasts appear larger, even though they are not.
- Rejuvenate the appearance of the breasts by removing saggy, excess skin.
If you are in the Miami area and want to know more about enhancing the size and shape of your breasts, contact the office of Dr. Serure at 305-669-0184. We will give you the details you need to determine the best approach to your goals.
Comments are closed.