A lot of women want to have bigger and fuller breasts. When women feel good about themselves, their confidence increases and their sense of self-worth improves. Here at our Miami plastic surgery practice, Dr. Serure helps women have full and symmetrical breasts that complement their whole physique. Women who are interested in breast augmentation usually have a good understanding of the entire procedure including what happens during the recovery phase. This stage is as important as the actual procedure. Find out what you can expect days and weeks after breast augmentation.
A Few Days After Breast Augmentation
- Like any other surgical procedure, you will feel sore and tired for a couple of days after surgery. Give your body enough time to rest and recover.
- Your breast area may feel tight. This is normal since the skin is still adjusting to the new size of the breast as well as the placement of implants.
- Right after surgery, your breasts and nipples may feel numb or they may also be very sensitive. Changes in sensation immediately after surgery are very common and normal sensations return on their own.
- A postoperative bra or compression bandage may be recommended to provide additional support.
- You may return to work a couple of days after surgery.
A Few Weeks After Surgery
- Avoid strenuous activities for four to six weeks after surgery since they can increase your blood pressure and pulse rate. Also, do not engage in activities that involve strenuous use of the chest and arms.
- The breast may still be swollen at this point.
- You can resume driving if you are no longer taking pain medications and if you can safely maneuver a car. Patients usually resume driving two weeks after surgery.
- It is best to start scar treatments six to eight weeks after the procedure or when the scar is fully healed.
- If you get sick or if the redness and swelling in the implanted breast/s is noticeable, contact the surgeon right away.
Recovering from Your Breast Augmentation in Miami
During your consultation with Dr. Serure, you will be provided with detailed information about the procedure and what to expect during recovery. To have a quick recovery, it is important to follow instructions carefully.
If you are interested in breast augmentation, feel free to request an appointment with Dr. Serure by calling 305-669-0184. You can also fill out this online contact form and we will get in touch with you shortly. We look forward to hearing from you!
Comments are closed.