Men and women benefit from an expansive selection of non-surgical cosmetic treatments, and we love helping our patients look and feel their best. One of the treatments that is trending during this time of year is microdermabrasion. The process is convenient, comfortable, and safe. Essentially, the point of microdermabrasion is to manually exfoliate the top layer of epidermal tissue in order to restore a healthy glow. In addition to reviving vibrancy, this treatment can also counteract sun damage and minimize irritation, oiliness, and enlarged pores.
Patients appreciate the non-invasive nature of the microdermabrasion exfoliation technique, which allows for a quick recovery and comfortable treatment that does not require anesthetic. During the procedure, a small applicator tip is moved across the surface of the skin. Tiny particles of crystal are driven toward the skin with gentle air flow. As they come into contact with the skin, dead, damaged cells are loosened, then whisked away from the surface with quiet suction.
More details you need to know
- Microdermabrasion doesn’t just extract old cells that stick to the epidermis; it also encourages collagen production and cellular turnover, which promote smooth, attractive skin.
- Other than a slight tugging sensation from suction, patients describe microdermabrasion as very comfortable.
- Micrdermabrasion is appropriate for the face, and also for the neck, chest, and back.
- Treatment is typically completed in a 30-45 minute visit to our office.
- Normal activities can be resumed immediately after microdermabrasion treatment.
- Cellular turnover and dermal regeneration typically occurs over a 30-day period. This means that microdermabrasion can be scheduled as often as every four weeks.
- The primary aftercare that is suggested for microdermabrasion patients is to avoid excessive exposure to UV light. This is a healthy habit to develop in order to maximize the effects of skin-renewing treatments.
Many of our patients are discovering that there are ways to promote healthy, glowing skin and, at the same time, prolong vitality, with non-surgical treatments like microdermabrasion. To learn more about this procedure, and our other non-invasive or minimally-invasive treatments, call 305-669-0184.