When we age, our skin loses volume and effects of the aging process begin to show. Patients who want to plump different parts of the body such as the face and buttocks can undergo a procedure that is quick and relatively hypoallergenic. Fat transfer in Miami is commonly done in the plastic surgery practice of Dr. Serure to reverse the signs of aging and improve facial and body contour.
Fat transfer may be popular, but a lot of people do not have adequate knowledge about it. We have outlined the things you need to know about fat transfer. We hope that the information provided here will help you decide if you need fat transfer.
- It is also known as fat injection where fat is removed from a part of the body like the abdomen, hips, and thighs. The removed fat is re-injected to specific areas of the body to restore volume and improve contour.
- It can be combined with facelift, liposuction, and abdominoplasty to get a more refined form.
- It can plump the lips, add facial volume, and take the place of butt implants and augment the buttocks.
- Fat transfer is also known to improve the appearance of acne scars as well as “fill in” other smaller areas of the body that have minor depressions like the hands.
- The extracted fat can be used by Dr. Serure on breast augmentation patients to make the breast appear natural.
- Local anesthetic is used during fat extraction.
- The extracted fat is anesthesized so there will be minimal discomfort during the re-injection of fat.
- It is normal to transfer an excess amount of fat since the body immediately metabolizes fat. By re-injecting an excess amount of fat, the treatment area will have enough fat once the body metabolizes it.
- Fat transfer usually takes 2 to 4 hours with very minimal downtime.
- The procedure has natural-looking results with noticeable improvement in body contour and facial volume.
- Since fat is taken from your own body, there is no chance of allergic reaction. Adverse effects are less and tissue rejection does not happen.
- Its effects are not permanent since the body continues to metabolize fat. Repeat sessions may be needed to maintain initial results.
- Bruising and swelling are typically exhibited by the donor and recipient sites and they usually persist up to two weeks.
- Patients can resume their normal activities a day after fat transfer.
If you are interested in fat transfer and would like to know more about it, set an appointment with Dr. Serure by calling 305-669-0184. You can also fill out this online contact form and we will get in touch with you shortly. We look forward to hearing from you!
Comments are closed.