The nose sits front and center, so any asymmetry or flaw in the characteristics of this feature are typically very noticeable. Even if others do not notice or remark on your nose, you may feel uneasy or dissatisfied with your appearance. This is not necessary. For decades, people who have been unhappy with their nose have been able to improve their appearance with rhinoplasty. If this is a procedure you have thought of once or twice – or several times – you want to know what to expect.
Here, we will touch on some important details about the procedure.
- One of the most important aspects of rhinoplasty is technique. Ask about your surgeon’s case history and training!
- Experience is crucial, but it is not the end-all be-all of rhinoplasty. The final outcome from surgery is also partially dictated by your genetic makeup. During consultation for nose reshaping, your surgeon will assess the strength of the cartilage that will be manipulated to achieve the desired appearance.
- Rhinoplasty is all about the size and shape that will look good on yourViewing images of noses is one thing, but it needs to include consideration for overall face shape if you want an accurate depiction of what your nose could look like.
- There are limitations to what can be achieved with rhinoplasty (picture the result of too much surgery on Michael Jackson). The reshaping process is meticulous, and considers the overall architecture of the nose.
- Your surgeon is careful in the degree of manipulation of cartilage so as to preserve the structural integrity of the nose, or even to strengthen it.
- Perfection is not a word that goes hand in hand with rhinoplasty. While patients of an experienced plastic surgeon like Dr. Serure are generally happy with their results, an open mind is vital, due to the miniscule variations in the “ideal” outcome and what is achieved. This does not mean that deformity will occur; just that too-high expectations can precede dissatisfaction.
- It usually takes months to see the ultimate results from rhinoplasty. In addition to realistic expectations, it is also necessary to have patience in the process.
Explore the potential of rhinoplasty to enhance your natural beauty. Call 305-669-0184..