As the years pass by, we gain quite a lot. We get to put more candles on our birthday cake. We can eat cake for breakfast if we want! We gather knowledge and confidence and memories. It isn’t aspects like this that keep us in an apprehensive state about getting older. No, it’s what aging does to the body, and to our appearance that we would rather avoid. Since we don’t have a magic wand we can wave against aging, we may find ourselves faced with unwanted problems such as:
- Bags under the eyes, or dark circles
- Frown lines and fallen eyebrows that give the appearance of anger.
- Loose, sagging skin on the upper eyelids.
- Diminished contours along the cheekbones (where did they go?).
- Softened contours at the chin and jaw line, replaced by sagging jowls.
- Loose skin and fat beneath the chin.
- Fine lines and wrinkles, or deep creases, from chin to forehead.
It is not like we can take on the magical characteristics of Benjamin Button and age in reverse; but we don’t have to just take what time hands us in the way of facial aging, either. Humans have continually performed tasks that could keep them looking young; from bathing in milk to calling a qualified cosmetic plastic surgeon. Today, we have more than a few ways to turn back the hands of time to reveal a younger, more attractive face.
- Brow lift surgery can reposition the brows where they are meant to be, along the upper bony rim of the eye.
- A mini face lift can reposition the brows and smooth lines and wrinkles on the forehead.
- Blepharoplasty may be performed as a part of the mini face lift, or on its own, to remove loose skin from the upper or lower eyelids.
- A face and neck lift can address every one of the problems that is listed above in a single, outpatient procedure!
- Surgery isn’t the only path to a younger-looking face. Many of our patients benefit a great deal from injectables and laser treatments.
Dr. Alan Serure has treated thousands of men and women in the Miami area. For your consultation, call 305.669.0184.