When you think of anti-aging treatments, especially in the area of injectible solutions, it is very likely that the first product that will come to mind is Botox®. This hugely popular product has been used around the world for several years, but there may just be a few facts that you don’t know about it. Let’s look at a few of them:
- Botox® is referred to as a neuromodulator. This is because the primary ingredient, botulinum toxin type A, blocks the messages from the brain that tell muscles to contract.
- Before Botox® Cosmetic was developed, botulinum toxin type A had been used extensively as a therapeutic modality to treat muscle conditions. In fact, this is how the aesthetic value of the toxin was discovered.
- Botox® was first approved in 1989 for the treatment of eye spasms.
- The solution gained further approval for the treatment of glabellar lines and other wrinkle-reduction in 2002.
- Botox® remains one of the most performed procedures for frown lines.
- Treatment takes only a few minutes, and is not painful.
- It takes about a week to see the final effect that this product will have on the appearance of the face.
- Once you notice the full effect, results last from 3 to 6 months. Many people notice that they can eventually treat wrinkles less often due to the cumulative effect of Botox® in targeted muscles.
Is it Time to Give Botox® a Try?
Botox® is not just a corrective treatment for frown lines. Additional benefits of treatment include:
- A more friendly appearance. Yes! When you relax the muscles around your eyes, you can alleviate an “always angry” look.
- A smoother neck. In addition to minimizing lines and wrinkles around the eyes and forehead, Botox® is an excellent solution for plastysmal bands on the neck.
- Brighter eyes. Ok, maybe Botox® cannot literally cause your eyeballs to get brighter. However, strategic injections near the brow can lift the upper eyelid, causing you to appear more awake. With precision technique, you need not worry about looking perpetually surprised.
- It is not necessary to wait until the signs of aging are impossible to ignore. More and more patients are catching on to the value of Botox® as a preventive step. Minimal injections, a short appointment, and the hands of time can be slowed.
We are happy to share our expertise with you. Learn more about facial rejuvenation at 305.669.0184.