The appearance of excess skin and fat in your upper arm may just limit you from wearing sleeveless dresses and tops. However, a Miami arm lift with Dr. Alan Serure may just help you improve the appearance of your upper arms through the removal of localized fat and loose, excess skin.
1. Be prepared for a thorough physical assessment as well as review of your medical history. This will help ensure that you are physically and mentally fit for the surgery.
2. Be prepared to discuss your expectations with Dr. Serure. Explain your main purpose in getting an arm lift and relay your fears and apprehension regarding the procedure and its risks- like scarring.
3. Quit smoking a few weeks or even months before your scheduled surgery date. Smoking will most likely lead to a delay in healing.
4. Avoid medications which fall under the anti-inflammatory drugs classification such as aspirin as well as herbal supplements such gingko biloba. These treatments have substances which could lead to bleeding problems.
5. Arrange for someone to stay with you a day or two after the surgery. You may feel nauseous a few hours after the procedure thus the need for someone to assist you.
If you’re thinking about having an arm lift for more sculpted and toned upper arms, schedule an initial consultation with Dr. Serure by calling (305) 669-0184 or by filling out this contact form.